Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Friday, July 21, 2006

WOD 060720 (Snatch, OH squat, run)

(As prescribed)
Five rounds for time of:
75 pound Snatch, 3 reps
75 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps
Run 400 meters

Notes:
This workout felt very messy and disorganized.
- My snatches were awkward and clumsy, so I did thrusters instead for the last 3-4 rounds. I think I used the 55# barbell.
- I started off doing 65# OH squats on the smith machine (for the first 2 rounds), but I could feel myself using the machine for front-to-back stabilization, so I switched to doing them with a 55# barbell. They were wobbly, but it was neat to feel myself having to stabilize so much.
- I ran at 10 mph, and completed each quarter-mile in under 1:40. On a track, I think I'm closer to 1:30 (or 1:20 if I'm fresh). But the treadmill doesn't allow you to start from a full sprint. Next time, I should start tracking distance and time once I'm up to speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home