Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bouldering, dancing, 11th-hour push-ups

Julie took us bouldering in Vacaville in the afternoon! It took me a while to get into it, but I had one really great run - we found a boulder with a big diagonal crack, and I made it all the way up. It was definitely more of a mental challenge than a physical one - the top was pretty high (15-20 feet?) and it got more difficult the higher you went. But I stayed calm (fortified by the knowledge that Scott and Julie were below to catch me) and made it to the top! It felt fantastic. I'm excited to go back again.

Got home at 6:30, was out the door by 6:50 to the "Epsilon Ball" pseudo-prom put on by Scott's department. (Scott and I got to make the dance mix!) We danced, drank and took lots of silly photos and got home a little after 11, when we dutifully did our 101 push-ups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home