Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

IM frisbee... and stuff

Good, close game. We won 7-5, which means we advance to finals! Sadly, I played badly, and wasn't in all that many points.

I wonder if I'm recovering from something. This morning, I woke up from a solid 8 hours of sleep, had some breakfast, did a little reading, and then went back to bed for a longish nap (60-90 minutes?). I definitely felt groggy when I got up. Ugh. Lazy Sundays are nice, but I like to be conscious for them!

Also, a funny fitness-related dream I had last night: I dreamt I was competing in a triathalon, and the competition wasn't very stiff, because I was at the front of the pack. After the swimming, instead of jumping on our bikes, we had to compete in a stand-up comedy contest, where each person had to tell 5 jokes about tofu. I was nervous, because I was last in line, and I was pretty sure everyone else would say all the funny stuff about tofu before it was my turn. Thank goodness I woke up in time!

One last random note - I'm going to start coaching the UC Davis women's B team in January. If any readers out there have suggestions (what order to teach the fundamentals? best drills? worst coaching disasters ever?), let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home