Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

WOD 060721 (Lunges & pull-ups)

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
Walking lunge, carrying 25 pound dumbbells, 10 steps
Weighted pull-ups, with 25 pound dumbbell, 10 reps

Notes:
I scaled it to 20# dumbbells, and I used 40# of assistance on the pullups. I completed 9 sets + 2 sets of lunges. (Someone else took over the gravitron machine, and it was faster to just do another set of lunges than find a place to do jumping pullups.)

I resisted the urge to add assistance to my pullups when they got hard. I did the first 5 or 6 with my palms facing away, and the remainder with my palms facing each other, which is quite a bit easier.

I should have used 25# dumbbells for the lunges. Twenty pounders didn't feel hard at all. Or I could have gone faster, which I started doing towards the end of the workout. When it says 10 steps, I assumed it meant 10 steps total, not 10 steps per leg.

I felt pretty good overall. Will definitely feel my pullup muscles tomorrow...

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

are you doing 3 on 1 off or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home