Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

800m runs

Warm-up:

CFWU x3
- Did my pull-ups and dips with minimum assistance, still used the foot bar for stability.


WOD 061005
3 x 800m run

3:17
3:15 (?)
3:22

The second effort definitely felt the best - I was warmed up but not fatigued. On all three, I started at 9.5 mph and dropped to 9.0 after 3.5 miles. (In the third one, I dropped down to 8.0 mph.) It's been quite some time since I've done 800s! They're hard, but I'm glad I did them.

Stretch:
A few minutes on the foam roller. My IT bands and calves were super sore at the concert last night.

Injury note - I hurt my right wrist last night. My bike slipped while I was hanging it up. I don't think it's *too* serious, but definitely annoying. The pain goes up outside edge of my forearm. I feel it most when I hold a coffee cup - supporting weight at that angle is bad. Fortunately, pull-ups felt find, and dips didn't bother it until the end of the last set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home