Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

CrossFit DC!

Had a great time at the class. The instructor, Tom, is great and gave lots of good feedback. And even though I had to do regular push-ups instead of ring push-ups like the other three guys, I felt like I was on par with their fitness - a very good feeling.

Warm-up: 2 rounds of 20 squats + 5 "dive-bomber" push-ups

OH Squat
Unweighted x 5 x 4
25# (?) x 5
35# (?) x 5 x 2

We were working on form. I learned to keep my shoulders pressed up, my elbows rotated slightly outwards, my grip wider, and my toes more turned out. I feel it so much more in my upper back and glutes now.

Three rounds of 30 - 20 - 10 reps:
Jumping pullups
Push-ups
Box jumps
Wall ball

Not sure how long. I was breathing hard but wasn't exhausted.

When I told Tom that I played Ultimate, he told me that The Fury (the women's team who won Nationals this year) do CrossFit out in Santa Cruz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home