Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Deck of cards

Just finished my first-ever "deck of cards" workout. It was hard!

Hearts = burpees
Spades = pull-ups
Diamonds = push-ups
Clubs = Sit-ups
Jokers = 1-mile run

Aces are 1 rep, face cards are 10, the rest are obvious. (Should I have counted aces as 10 reps? As it is, I did 85 reps of each. High aces would have increased that to 94 - practically Angie!)

Total time: 44 minutes.

My first mile run came a little over halfway through the deck. My second one came exactly 2 cards later - the only break between them was 5 pull-ups! I considered cheating and inserting the joker in later in the deck, but I'm glad I didn't - the second run felt looser (maybe even easier) than the first. I finished both in about 8 minutes.

My pull-ups are definitely getting stronger. That feels good. :-)

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! I did this workout about a year ago! I thought I was going to die! Glad you made it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home