Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Starting Strength WO#2

A less than stellar workout... it was first thing in the morning, and I hadn't eaten breakfast...

2 x 12 x CFWU

Squat
45# x 10 (overhead)
75# x 5 (front)
115# x 4 (2 front, 2 back)
145# x 3
165# x 1, 1, 2
155# x fail

Press
35# x 10
45# x 5
60# x 4, 5, 3

Power Clean
45# x 10 (full, not power, cleans)
55# x 5 (full)
65# x 3 (full)
75# x 2 (full)
95# x 5, 5, 4+1

Notes
- Squatting to proper depth is hard! And squatting first thing in the morning is hard too.

5 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

What's with all the the single and double reps? Starting strength is sets of five across. You might have to drop the weights to get that.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Like I said... a less than stellar workout. Shame on me, though, for being too proud to drop down on weight. Thanks for the poke!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger mie said...

i might have to drop my weight waaaaay down and start up again with 115# squat. hope that makes you feel better!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Libby said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear it Mie, but it does make me feel better. I hope you're not injured!

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger mie said...

no. not injured. just unsure. you know when you start a new sport and make a quick progress? Then you hit a wall at some point and nothing makes sense any more? That's how I feel with the squat. I did hit a PR for benchpress with 107# yesterday, so not everything is bad =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home