Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Monday, October 27, 2008

IM Soccer!

Played my first soccer game with the women's IM team from Scott's department, the Awkward Turtles. I definitely fit in with the awkward part. I could keep up with the other players running-wise, but once I got to the ball I just couldn't do a thing with it! It went through my legs numerous times, and when I tried to kick it I'd (a) miss, (b) send it out of bounds or (c) send it straight to a defender. I was really missing the 10-second stall count from frisbee, where you get to collect your wits and think about where to put the disc. But it was fun to get out and run around with a bunch of fun women, and it's really good for me to do things I'm not good at. (Although, happily, my perfectionistic tendencies seem to be mellowing as I age.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home