Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Friday, May 08, 2009

Climbing

Warmed up on a 10a (red, Superman). Did my favorite orange 10c very gracefully, and in record time! White 10b+ was uninteresting. Played around on a few 10d's - I'll work on bouldering the openings while Scott the belayer is off in Uganda. Scott felt really woozy at this point - probably because his body is dealing with the 8 vaccinations he just got (yay Uganda!). So we left.

I did 21 pull-ups in the morning, and 3 more when I was done climbing.

5 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger mie said...

is there a climbing wall at your gym? or do you go somewhere specific to climb? which gym are you at? i have a friend somewhere in Cali (ha ha, i know it's a long shot) who was talking about a gym with a wall. so just wondered if it may be the same one...

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Libby said...

I just use the wall at the UC Davis gym. I've been meaning to go to Rocknasium, the other climbing gym in Davis, but haven't gotten around to it yet. (The UCD gym is cheap, and all my friends go there.)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger mie said...

rocknasium!! cute!!

you are so active, libby. ultimate, climbing, running, crossfit/lifting! i enjoy reading your blog, because you really vary it up.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Aw, thanks! I sure have fun with all of it.

Also exciting - I've been talking to CrossFit Davis, and I think I'm going to get some of my ultimate teammates in there for a 6-week training session. Spreading the CF love - yay!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger mie said...

What a great idea!!! Can i come???? i've been working out at Ultimate Crossfit in Charlotte. Even though, i'm just doing my own thing there, i absolutely love the gym and the community. I bet CFing in CA is amazing too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home