Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Ultimate training

I'm the "Fitness Coordinator" for Night Train this season, which means I get to/have to come up with weekly track practices. I want to incorporate more short, intense work, at the expense of LSD, but it's hard to know where to start. Last year, the weekly schedule included: two practices, one track workout (done in small groups) and one 30-45 minute run. I'm thinking of switching the long-ish run to a tabata, and then doing farlek stuff at the track.

Stuff I've been reading today:
- Cool post about ultimate training by a CrossFitt coach in Portland, OR.
- Responses to that post - a few fun workout ideas - I like the suggestions for incorporating randomness into things, using dice or cards or the last digit on your stopwatch.
- Interview with a CrossFit Endurance guy.

Comments/advice welcome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home