Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Climbing

One of my chem classmates asked me to teach her how to climb, so I met her at the wall today. It was fun - she and her friend (who has a tiny bit of experience) were super enthusiastic, and they both did things they didn't think they could do. Afterwards, Y told me she thought that she'd only go halfway up the wall and then come down again, but in fact she made it to the top of two runs! Lots of struggling (and begging us to let her quit early), but in the end she prevailed.

The frustrating part was the pace of the whole thing - I climbed a b+, 2 c's, and an a over the course of 2.5 hours. Lots of chatting in between climbs. Still, I did some pretty good work - I finally did the orange 10c in one shot (no falling or resting), which has been a goal of mine for a while.

120 push-ups while I was waiting for Y to get ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home