Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Ultimate practice

We had a three-hour, not-too-hard practice on Sunday afternoon. I got to lead the team in an active warm-up, which people seemed to enjoy.

We did three rounds of:
- 10 walking lunges
- 10 OH squats
- 10 sit-ups
- 10 pushups
- High knees the first time, butt-kicks the second time, alternating side lunges the third time.

I'd like to figure out a better way to warm up my arms and shoulders. Big arm circles? Inchworms? I think I also need to include some torso-twisting, maybe along with the lunges.

People were running hard through the drills, including the grinder. Our scrimmages were crappy - too many drops, too much clogging. We did a few sprints at the end.

I've been doing a pretty good job of eating fewer calories recently, but I couldn't resist eating too much Bertucci's pizza after practice. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home