Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Monday, August 07, 2006

WOD 060806 (Bench press, pull-ups)

Seven rounds, 21-18-15-12-9-6 - and 3 reps, for time of:
Body weight Bench press (I did 75# for the first 4 rounds, and 70# for the rest)
Pull-ups (35-40# of assistance)

It took under 30 minutes and felt pretty good. Last time I did bench presses, I only did 65#, I think. I should keep a log of personal records.

Just as I was finishing up my last set of bench presses, a (non-Fitness First) trainer (Brenda Coley) came over and told me I have what it takes to be a power lifter. She had me do a few more bench presses and got me to do them with good form - touching the bar to my chest for a moment before pushing it back up. It was flattering that she approached me, although she could just be looking for more clients. She used to be a power lifter herself, though, so it seems like she wouldn't say that to just anyone. I feel like it would be good to do a session with her just to learn good techniques for the various lifts - I feel like that's holding me back, if only in terms of confidence.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

cool! powerlifting is the sport of bench, deadlift, and squat.

you would definitely benefit from expert training in DL and Sq.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home