Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Friday, October 13, 2006

J.T. - Handstand push-ups, ring dips, push-ups

Warm-up:
CFWU x 3, minus the dips
- Pull-ups:
1st set - negative
2nd set - 28# - 40# assist, focusing on starting from a dead hang, shoulders disengaged
3rd set - negative, only 10 reps, because I felt like I couldn't control my descent. Felt like my shoulders would give out at the bottom 25%. Kind of scary!

Work-out 061012:
Can't wait to be able to do this one as Rx'd!
21-15-9 reps of:
Handstand push-ups
Ring dips
Push-ups

Modifications:
HSPUs - my goal was to do a 60", 45" and 30" handstand, using the wall for balance. My first HS only lasted 45". I couldn't even kick up to do the second, so I walked my legs up the wall and did sort of an L position. Third round, I held a yoga headstand for 60" to remind myself how to balance upside down. That felt good.

Ring dips - I tried a new kind of assistance - touching the bottoms of my feet to the edge of the Gravitron platform. At the very beginning and end of the exercise, I was supported only by my hands. Having my feet touching helped in terms of stability, but hardly at all in terms of weight assistance. A good modification, I think. I only did 21-15-9, instead of tripling the number as the recommended substitute for ring dips.

Push-ups:
Felt pretty good. Broke the sets into 7/7/7 - 5/5/5 - 7/2

Total time: 20:50
Another long workout, relatively speaking. My tournament this weekend was canceled, so I got to work out today after all. Tomorrow will certainly be a rest day. Looking forward to pickup on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home