Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Cleans, Handstands

Warm-up: 2 rounds of 20 squats + 5 "dive-bomber" push-ups

WOD 061111:
Seven rounds for time of:
135 pound Clean, 10 reps
Handstand Push-ups, 10 reps

Cleans: I used 65# for rounds 1, 6, 7, and 75# for rounds 2-5. And I'm pretty sure I did power cleans instead of cleans - I caught the bar with my knees a little bent, not in a full squat. My form comes and goes. When I think about it, it's pretty good. But when I stop focusing, it's not. Grr.

HSPUs: I did very shallow push-ups in the first round. For the rest, I just held a 30s handstand and focused on pushing my shoulders towards my ears, rotating my elbows, not arching my back too much. They felt pretty good!

Time: around 24 minutes

My back is sore now. Not sure if it's from the cleans or the handstands. Probably both. Probably shouldn't be sore. Probably should be very conscientious about my form on cleans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home