Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Diane (Deadlift, Handstands) + Pilates

Warm-up: 2 x 20 squats + down dog stretch

WOD 070124: "Diane"

21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

12-13 minutes... not really sure.
I used 115# for the deadlifts, and did 30 second handstands against the wall instead of pushups. Quite challenging! Last time I did deadlifts, I used 95#. I had a hard time with 115# - kept banging my knees, feeling it in my low back. In the last round, I turned my feet out a little instead of keeping them parallel, and I felt it in my stomach a little more... so that's probably good. My right shoulder felt a little flimsy during the handstands (probably worn out from last night), but my posture felt pretty good.

500m row - 2:10 - nice and easy.

After that, a 30 minute Pilates class. My arms were shaking! I feel much less sore now than I did this morning though, which is good. I was pretty stiff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home