Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm going to Paga this year!!!

I just got invited to play on a women's team at Paganello this year. It starts on April 5, exactly 10 weeks from today! Excited to have a goal for my training. Actually, I'll probably be playing in Fool's Fest, which is the weekend before. Not a very competitive tournament, but I'd like to be in good shape for it! Especially endurance-wise - that was a weak point in the fall. Any suggestions on how to spend these 9 weeks?

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

send me your numbers for the slow lifts and the girls workouts and I will tell you how I think you should train for the next nine weeks.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger falconfive said...

I would say 2 days a week of Crossfit metcon workouts, 2 days a week of pure strength training, and 4-5 days a week of either playing ultimate or doing running drills. Not jogging, but do something to simulate the demands of an ultimate match.

Something like
5 rounds
sprint 40 yards to the right
stop, sprint 40 yards to the left
jog 100 yards
10 burpees
run 100 yards
jog 100 yards
35 squats
sprint 100 yards
jog 50 yards
10 vertical jumps for max height
2 minute break.

This will be very hard, but I believe that it will prepare you much better than normal 30 minute jogging/cardio sessions.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

the only thing i would add to what russ has said is that you can probably fit two cycles into nine weeks. 3 weeks where you gradually increase the loads on strength days and decrease rest on metcon/running days, one week unload, then 3 weeks ramp it up again at a higher baseline, then a week of deload/maintenance in order to peak on the 9th week.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Awesome. Thanks so much guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home