Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Track workout - 200s

1-mile warm-up jog
Plyos
Stretching

16 rounds (2 miles!) of:
200 meter sprint
1-minute rest

Half-mile cool-down jog

Notes:
It was really hot out today - about 100. Happily, my breathing felt much better than it did last week - not nearly so wheezy. My legs felt anaerobic after about 7 rounds, but I was happy that I got through all 16 sprints at a fairly even pace - about 42 seconds. I focused on keeping my upper body relaxed and on staying on my toes. It helped my posture - I felt taller and that I was leaning forward more than I usually do. This was our last week of this kind of track workout, so I'm curious (and nervous) about what next week will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home