Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Cal States Day 2

Three games again today.

- Won the first, against F.O.G., 13-7 or something.
- Won the second, against Classy, by just one point. We really wanted to beat them by two, so that we'd have a better point differential and get a higher seed... but we ended up 3rd in the pool, so went into the consolation bracket.
- Lost the third, to Brown Chicken Brown Cow. We traded points the first half, but they pulled away during the second half. Also disappointing.

It would have been nice to go on and play a 4th game, but we were pretty tired and lunch & milkshakes at Saturn Cafe was a good way to end the day.

I'm pretty happy with how I played. We had plenty of women (8 on Saturday, 9 on Sunday) so I didn't get a ton of playing time, but I felt pretty fast and effective on D while I was on. I threw a bunch of incomplete passes. (I need Scott home so I have a throwing partner again!) My body felt great during the first two games, but it got wonky during third - my muscles weren't tight... it was almost the opposite, as if my hips and knees were too loose and something might pop out. It was uncomfortable; I felt old. But happy overall.

Oh yeah, 160 push-ups during the bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home