Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sprint workout

Some tossing with Scott, and then some plyos (high knees, butt kicks, stompies, horsies, toe touches, lunges)

Each set lasts 1 minute. The first 15 seconds is a bodyweight exercise, followed immediately by a 25 yard sprint, a return to the starting point, and then rest until the minute is up. 3 rounds:
Set 1 - Star jumps, sprint, side shuffle back
Set 2 - Push-ups, sprint, run backwards
Set 3 - Burpees, sprint, side shuffle (opposite leg leading)
Set 4 - Squats, sprint, sprint!

I took a minute-long break between rounds 2 and 3, and I tweaked my back/butt on my last squat (and couldn't do the last sprint). OW. Icing now, taking it easy for the rest of the day.

3 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Blogger mie said...

you tweaked your back with air squats? did you relax at the bottom of the squat?

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Libby said...

I don't know how I did it! I felt the pang when I was on the way up, about two-thirds of the way to the top. It was my very last one, so I'd probably lost focus/form and my muscles were pretty fatigued.

So embarrassing to be incapacitated by an air squat!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger mie said...

hey! at least it was during a workout. i know that if i ever get injured, it's from watching tv or something equally dumb....

hope you get better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home