Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Presses and more @CFD

Warm-up: wheelbarrowing with a partner - fun!

Press:
45 x 5
55 x 5
65 x 2
70 x 3
75 - fail
70 x 2
70 x 1
(The workout was 5-5-5-5-5... but who wants to sit there with a 45# bar the whole time?)

15' rope climbs x 3
(Untimed, just for practice. Yay rope burn!)

500m row: 1:49
(Alex said I was jerking too much when I started my pull... need to work on that, but it felt good to break 1:50!)



And then I got invited/convinced to compete in this Saturday's Sac-Town Throwdown Affiliate Challenge. All kinds of conflicting emotions... mostly because I have no idea how I'll do or what to expect. But I'm flattered to be asked to represent the gym, especially after a not-so-fun Ultimate season. And I'd regret not trying. And it's okay to just go and do MY best, even if it's not THE best.

The WODs:
#1
12 Minute Time Limit-
3 Rep Max Thruster
Max Set Double Unders

#2
3 Rounds For Max Reps:
:45 sec GHD Sit Ups
:15 sec Rest
:45 sec Clean & Jerk 135/83
:15 sec Rest
:45 sec Burpee Vertical Leap Touching Target 104in/96in
:15 sec Rest
:45 sec Chest to Bar Pull Ups
:15 sec Rest

Arrgh, I'm nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home