Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

McGhee @CFD

Complete as many rounds in 30 minutes as you can of:
275 pound Deadlift, 5 reps - scaled to 165
13 Push-ups
9 Box jumps, 24 inch box - scaled to 20"

16 rounds + 15


Good scaling - I kept up with Max & Kitch, who were doing it as Rx'd. Push-ups were the rate-limiting step, as usual, so I made sure to do them in small enough batches to not get burnt out - usually 6/4/3. A good workout for sure!

4 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Max said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u got me by one pushup haha

that was a fantastic test of mental ability...thus you are mentally one pushup tougher than me haha

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Libby said...

It was awesome having Jason there pushing us!

Let's not forget, though, that my deadlift was a fraction of yours. This would have been a totally different workout had I done it at 185!

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Max said...

I dunno tho...cuz I feel the 275 lb DL is easier for guys than the 180lb DL is for ladies

that weight is 60% of my 1RM. If 185 was 60% of yours, you'd be pulling like 300lbs.

Yah Jason and Brooks sitting in the corner were super helpful

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Haha, thanks Max, I feel better! My *theoretical* 1RM is 254, and 60% of that is 153, so I guess I was doing alright at 165!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home