Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

CFDC!

Fantastic CFDC workout this morning.

We spent the first half working on technique - squats, OH squats, deadlifts and presses. Good stuff.

After that, we did five-minute intervals of as many rounds as possible of the following circuit:
5 db deadlifts
5 burpees
5 db thrusters
5 sit-ups

Two minute rest, then repeat three more times, for a total of four 5-minute intervals.

I used a pair of 25# dbs for the first set, and switched to 20# for the rest, for the sake of my thrusters. They were still plenty hard with the lighter weight!

It was my first time doing CF with women, and it was great. I was watching Adrienne - great motivation. I tend to shy away from competition (OK, I basically hate it), but today I just wanted to keep up with her. If she was going to complete 4 rounds in 5 minutes, then I was too. And I did - every time! It felt great.

We finished with three 30-second assisted L-sits and some much-needed stretching.


Special note - Scott came along for the first time today! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home