Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

working on deads & kips @CFD

I was the only one who showed up for the noon class, so I got to pick what I wanted to work on. I chose heavy deadlifts & kips.

145# x 5
165# x 3
175# x 3
185# x 1 --> I tweaked my back on the way down. Grr! It was easy enough to lift, but I didn't dare do any more. (I'm lying on the couch icing right now. Grrr.)
I really wanted to get up to 200+ again... next time.

Kipping felt fine, not affected by my back tweak. No set workout, just practiced my form. Got a better hip snap and did a better job of pushing on the bar after reaching the high point. Had a few good reps in there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home