Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nancy

Uf da. Just finished Nancy.

Warm-up: 10 minute neighborhood run.

Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run (10 mph on treadmill)
15 Overhead squats (45#, maybe)

Total time: 18:50

I'm not sure how much my bar weighed - it's the wiggly kind (curl barbell?) - and I added a pair of 10# plates to it. The squats weren't too hard - I should go up 10# next time.

The first few 400s felt okay, but the fourth one was tough, and my legs felt like Jell-O by the fifth. 

Blogged with Flock

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fKeep it up Libby! With the clock going do you ever feel torn between going heavy and having a slower time or going light and blasting through the workout? Hmmmm. I have been thinking about that lately.
:) Kim

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Libby said...

Thanks Kim!

I'm generally nervous about using too much weight, since I'm doing a lot of this stuff alone, and I haven't had a ton of training in it in the past. Definitely a valid concern though. Hence, I usually opt for lower weights and faster speeds. But next time, I'll definitely bump it up a notch. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home