Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Friday, March 12, 2010

"My Dead Chin" @CFD

Today's workout was supposed to be a bunch of front squats & GHD sit-ups, but since we just did those on Monday, we opted for the deadlift WOD from last Sunday that everyone's been groaning about ever since.

5 x [as many rounds in 3 minutes of: 7 Dead Lifts, 7 chin ups]
rest 3 min between rounds
I did 155# DLs (as rx'd) and kipping pull-ups

1: 2 rounds + 6 DLs
2: 2
3: 2 + 6 DLs
4: 1 + 7 DLs (<--tore a callus on my palm!)
5: 7 DLs, 5 kips, 7 DLs

Now I see why everyone was groaning about it. My hand is torn up, and my back is *tight*. Good stuff though!

Side note: I'm rendering lard right now, and my whole apartment smells like pork!

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Max said...

u deserve some rest!!!

ooo how does one render lard?

I got two beef hearts today!!!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Libby said...

Where'd you get beef hearts? I want some!

Rendering instructions:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Render-Lard-and-Why-I-Do-It&id=373384
Basically, low heat + patience does the trick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home