Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hike to a nap on the beach!

Scott and I joined Kristen and Scott for a hike around Point Reyes, a beautiful stretch of northern CA coastline. 4.5 easy hike (flat, smooth trail) to the beach. Spent 2+ hours there napping & chatting, then hiked 4.5 miles back.

Scott and I fasted the entire day, except for ~200 calories worth of cheese. (We stopped at a local creamery/cheese factory and couldn't *not* sample before we bought!) We had dinner around 8pm, which made it a 22-hour fast. I felt a little low-energy, and a little hungry, but not ravenous or lethargic.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger mie said...

you've been kicking butt in this whole crossfit thing!!!! great job!!!!! is this an off season for ultimate? i fasted for 21 hours the other day. it felt great! do you always plan your fasting days?

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Libby said...

Thanks! I'm psyched that you're getting certified - that's awesome!

I'm taking a season off from Ultimate. CF is my sport this summer. :-)

I do a pretty bad job of planning my fasting days... it's much easier to fast when I'm busy, much harder when I'm sitting at home, doing HW on the couch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home