Training Adventures

My personal fitness log. Advice, support, constructive criticism, motivation, and other feedback welcome!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Weak mash-up work-out...

I went to the gym intending to do the 400m/sumo/thruster WOD, but was foiled when every single treadmill (AND both rowing machines!) were in use. I guess all the students are using them for stress relief. As it turned out, after two rounds of sumos and thrusters, my legs were turning to jelly, so I'm not sure how I would have done on the sprinting anyways. I'll try again tomorrow.


Warm-up
2 rounds of:
20 squats, 3 dive-bomber push-ups


2 rounds of:
21 Sumo deadlift high-pull (50#)
21 thrusters (50#)

Climbing
I was *beat* on my first run, but recovered enough to have a few good runs after that. Didn't try anything too taxing, and didn't stay long, because my partners had to go study for finals.

1 more round of the lifts above.


Hoping for a stronger workout tomorrow...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger mie said...

what is a diver-bomb push up?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger mie said...

ha ha, i totally made that one up.
*dive-bomber* push ups, i mean.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Libby said...

It was part of our standard warm-up at CrossFit DC - I like it because it warms up your back and shoulders.

You start in a downward dog. Bend your elbows, so your nose is dive-bombing straight towards your hands. At the last minute, pull up, so your nose goes up, and you end up in a cobra pose. Do the exact reverse to get back to your starting position. (If I'm tired, I just push back straight to a downward dog though...) Hope this makes sense!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger mie said...

thanks libby!

there's a new crossfit charlotte near our house! i don't think i can afford the membership, but it's nice to know that they are there. are you a member or do you do the occasional drop-in at CFDC?

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Libby said...

I went to CFDC a few times a month, and *loved* it. I'd work so much harder when people around me were going full-throttle, and I learned good technique too.

There might be a CF community in Davis (we moved here in September), but I haven't found it yet. There's a gym in Sacramento, but that's a little too much of a commute. I have friends in Santa Cruz, though, which is 3-4 hours from here, so next time I'm in the neighborhood I might have to check out that gym...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home